THE WORKSHOP IS MY PERSONAL DIARY!!!!!!!!

You are allowed to read and share your opinions but nothing is ever set in stone because I'm constantly changing!!!!!!!!

Monday, February 22, 2010

To thine own self be true!!!

I love fashion and whatever that means. I guess that means I love clothes and their ability to aid in a persons reinvention.  However, real fashion is not for the faint of heart. I find it interesting when I  hear people throw around the words "fashionista" or "stylish."  Well, I believe that those words are strictly for the risk takers, the originators...those of us that would rather create the trend as oppose to following it!
   A true fashionista is not afraid to make mistakes, not afraid to stand out and definitely not afraid to turn heads (be it good or bad).
So as I sat and pondered these ideas of " fashionista and stylish" My brain led me to the depth and breadth of one WOMAN that epitomizes it all.  THE androgynous Grace JONES!  I love Grace jones! When I was a child  I was intimidated by her power and her beauty ( I blame Disney and all the lily white princesses) but as I grew older I recognized the Grace Jones in me! Grace Jones is proud of the texture of her hair, complexion, heritage and carried herself accordingly (FIERCENESS AT ITS BEST)  Check her out in Eddie murphy's boomerang (LOVE IT) Grace Jones is no holds barred. She is tell it like it is. She's outspoken without speaking, She simply dares a Muthafucka to TEST Her!

I am Grace Jones and I embrace that whole heartedly.

French Vogue paid homage to Grace Jones in their December 2009 issue .After viewing the  pictures, I cried ( No! I wasn't crying over the clothes that I have yet to afford.) But I wept because I pray that other young black women reading the magazine will see and identify the beauty of GRACE and embrace her as I have.  Grace Jones loved herself and so should you!
Now to me that a STYLISH FASHIONISTA!


Stay FLY and NEVER EVER BE AFRAID!!!!!!!

No comments: